A Strong Voice for Maxillofacial Surgeons:
The AOMSI is the only national surgical specialty society exclusively representing Maxillofacial Surgeon of India. AOMSI is your voice in national policy-making. Inevitably, policies favor specialties having a strong representation.
We can no longer be relegated to a passive role in defending our surgical practices and our care of surgical patients. We are committed to strengthen, enhance and protect our identity and our profession and public image. This substantive description offers reason why you should join and support the Association of Maxillofacial Surgeons of India.
The AOMSI is the advocate and voice for all Maxillofacial Surgeons.
The AOMSI will achieve the political, economical and educational changes that benefit the welfare of all Maxillofacial Surgeons and their patients.
The AOMSI seeks to serve as a knowledgeable and respected advocate for Maxillofacial Surgeons and also seeks to enhance Maxillofacial Surgery as a specialty.
The AOMSI is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of practice for the specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery and the highest quality of care for our patients.
The AOMSI will constantly provide a forum for the discussion of issues related to the Specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery and communicate effectively with our members and other organizations with similar interests.
Why Your Membership Is Important ???
1. To remain strong and to present your views, the AOMSI must have the support and participation of all actively practicing Maxillofacial Surgeons.
2. Your membership increases our chance of survival in today's competitive surgical field and reduces further erosion of your economic, social and professional status.
3. Your membership and participation will strengthen the principles for which we all stand.
4. You can bring new ideas and leadership to further broaden the scope of our organization and its commitment to the Specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery in the surgical profession.
5. We must stand together to retain the scope of our practice and resist intrusions by others who may be less trained to perform the Specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery.
6. We must do it together and we need your support and participation.
These vital considerations provide solid evidence on why you should join Association of Maxillofacial Surgeon of India.
1. The AOMSI facilitates debate on what's best for the Specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery and will help our specialty plan for the future.
2. By joining AOMSI, you will come in contact with teachers of reputation so that you could gain more knowledge by interaction and get the advice of senior members in matters of personal difficulties in certain surgical procedures.
3. You will have a right to vote in elections and stand for elections.
4. You can get social contact and foster friendship through academic pursuit.
5. Your name published yearly in the AOMSI Membership Directory, Web site and referral lists provided to patients and dentists who contact AOMSI.
(B) CONFERENCES/ WORKSHOPS/ CDE-CME PROGRAMME:
1. The AOMSI provides cutting edge "how to" scientific sessions involving new surgical techniques and procedures. These sessions will help Maxillofacial Surgeons to remain competitive.
2. Only members of AOMSI can take part in scientific deliberations and present papers and posters in the conferences of the AOMSI.
3. Significant discounts in registration fee along with high quality services for AOMSI members participating in programs conducted by AOMSI.
1. Free subscription to Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (JMOS), the official journal of AOMSI professionals, published quarterly and offering comprehensive coverage of new techniques, important developments and innovative ideas in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
2. Only members can contribute articles to Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (JMOS) for publication, which will be useful when you apply for your promotion in your services, scholarship and jobs outside India.
(D) INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
1. A registered member of AOMSI is eligible for becoming a member of International associations like International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IAOMS) and Asian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Asian AOMS) which communicate to AOMSI Headquarters about fellowships and sponsorships for regular appointments, which will be communicated to you if you are a member.
2. Special discounted rate for the members of AOMSI for the registration of conferences organized by IAOMS and Asian AOMS.
1. Only the members can access the association website.
2. The website keeps the members informed of the latest news and events in the Specialty of Maxillofacial Surgery.
3. AOMSI offers a free and unlimited online access to Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (JMOS), an official journal of AOMSI including back volumes and latest issues which will help in updating your knowledge.
4. The AOMSI regularly updates members on current political, economic and social events affecting Maxillofacial Surgeons, surgical services and surgical patient care.
5. AOMSI members contact details available online provides an opportunity for public to know you and reach you when needed. This not only serves help to general public in your locality to seek maxillofacial consultancy but also provides you with increased input of patients and enhances your practice.
(F) INDIAN BOARD OF ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEONS (IBOMS):
1. To recognize professional excellence among the members of AOMSI, the Indian Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons awards the fellowship to members after proper evaluation which is based on the performance of the candidate in Oral & Maxillofacial clinical practice, academic, teaching and such professional activities which will help to up hold and advance the profession in general.
2. Only a member of AOMSI with Five years experience in clinical practice teaching/research after MDS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery or equivalent qualification recognized by AOMSI who have gained 25 points is considered eligible to appear for exams to obtain Fellowship in Indian Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IBOMS).